Here are some reminders and clarifications for a few things that you might need to know:
- Your child will be getting a math test break down in his/her Wednesday folder tomorrow. Since we are unable to send home the actual test, this page will let you know what specific skill he/she did not master on last week's test. More information on this will be discussed at Parent Orientation.
- We will have our unit test over citizenship tomorrow in Social Studies. Concepts that we have learned include characteristics of a good citizen and how we can demonstrate these characteristics at home, school and in our community. We worked on a review in class and it was sent home today.
- Thursday will be our Parent Orientation Night. We will be covering the basics of second grade including procedures, data documentation, responsibilities and expectations. It will be from 6:00 to 7:30 in your child's homeroom.
-Looking ahead, we will have our fall picture day next Wednesday morning! Another reminder will be sent out next week :)
Thank you for all of your support! Hope to see you Thursday!
Good afternoon Parents!
Here are a few reminders for the week:
Thank you for your help and support!
Good afternoon Parents!
Next week we will be celebrating Freedom Week. If you would like to follow the color theme for the day, this is the schedule for the week:
A few reminders for Monday:
Also, Parent Orientation has been rescheduled to Thursday, September 21 for PreK-2nd; 6:00-7:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
I wanted to remind everyone to send their child to school with a photograph of some kind for Friday's writing assignment, preferably of your child at an important time in their life (losing a tooth, holiday, family vacation, etc.)
I also wanted to let everyone know that I was just informed that we will not be having a spelling test this week. Your child may practice the words, but we will not be testing them on Friday. However, please make sure that you and your child work on their math homework. I will be collecting those on Friday. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Welcome back for the second time around! I know that we are all happy to get back into our routine so I just want to give you some reminders and let you know what's going on in our class.
-If you can, please send a pair of headphones to school. The kids will soon be using their own personal pair for computer games and activities.
- We are also doing a writing activity on Friday in which the kids are asked to bring in a photograph. This photo can be of ANY activity or event that they can talk and write about. It will be sent home as soon as we complete the activity.
- We will begin with our weekly spelling tests this Friday. Your child should have a pre-test in his/her backpack to use as a study guide.
- We will also begin weekly math homework pages today. Typically, this page will be sent home on Monday and will be due on Friday.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a wonderful week!