ROSEHILL RUNNING CLUB RAIN OR SHINE!
We work for mileage in Running Club, but on rainy days, we still condition indoors.
ROSEHILL RUNNING CLUB
It’s that time of year again! Our running club is organized around the activity of running, but the focus of the club is to promote the well-being of the child. The club will promote fitness and encourage sportsmanship and a positive mental attitude. Basic techniques, skills and strategies of running will be taught as well as values related to the sport. It is also proven to promote better learning in the classroom. Running Club has proven to be a rewarding experience for the coaches and the children involved. Please encourage and support your child in this effort.
Here are a few things you’ll need to know:
- The Rosehill Running Club begins Tuesday, October 3rd and continues to the end of May.
- Running Club meets on Tuesdays from 7:50 am.
- Currently, Running Club will only be offered to 3rd and 4th grade students.
- Students will meet in the gym to check in by grade level and then begin stretching prior to jogging.
- Running Club will be running on Rosehill Elementary school grounds ONLY.
- Breakfast—When your child comes in the morning, we would like to suggest that he/she eats a little something before coming to run (banana, granola bar, slice of toast, etc.). School breakfast will also be available from 8:25-8:40am. If your child chooses not to eat school breakfast, please be sure to send an extra healthy snack for them to have after they run.
- Behavior – Students with inappropriate behavior will be dropped from the club after 3 strikes and parent notification.
- Transportation is not provided to Running Club practices. All runners must arrange for a parent to drop them off no earlier than 7:45 am. Prior to this time, no one is available to supervise your child. If you need to drop them off before then, you may make arrangements with our before school daycare program, YMCA.
- Parents are always welcome to run with their student!
Rosehill Running Club will be implementing an incentive program. Runners will be tracking their mileage during running club and will be given a foot charm when they reach certain mileage goals. No lost feet will be replaced.
Running Club Fees
A club fee of $12.00 will cover your child’s club t-shirt that your child should wear during running practice. Additional shirts may be purchased for $12.00 each. These fees should be paid by CASH only.
- ATTACHED YOU WILL FIND THE REGISTRATION FORM THAT YOU CAN PRINT OUT AND SEND IN WITH YOUR CHILD. REGISTRATION FORMS ARE DUE BY TUESDAY, SEPT. 26TH.