Hello Rosehill Cougars! My name is Leticia Piña and I am your new 2nd grade teacher! I have been teaching 2nd grade for a few years now, so I already know how exciting the school year is going to be!
For those of you who don’t know me yet, let me share a little background about myself. I was born and raised in a small town north of here called Navasota. After graduating high school, I attended and graduated Sam Houston State University with a degree in Bilingual Elementary Education. Since then I have taught kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. I started at Navasota ISD and then decided to move to a bigger city. I taught at Spring ISD for a few years and then made another change. After getting married, 6 years ago, I moved to Tomball and started working at Rosehill. My husband and I now have two beautiful kids. Emma is four and going to Pre-K this year. Nicholas is two and keeping us all on our toes daily!
As I mentioned earlier, my teaching degree is specified in Bilingual Education, but I actually made a switch a couple of years ago to teach in English. I feel very comfortable in both languages and have enjoyed both experiences. My main focus is to reach kids and help them grow both socially and academically.
Please feel free to come by and get to know me and our classroom environment. I really do appreciate any feedback and as much communication as possible. And of course, thank you for sharing your child with me. I truly feel that this might be the best year yet!
Hello parents! Here is an overview of what is going on this week as well as upcoming events:
- A science review was sent home yesterday. The students will take the Unit 9 test over animal characteristics and adaptions this Thursday.
- Progress reports will go home in tomorrow's Wednesday's folder. Please sign and return as soon as possible.
- Wednesday folders will also contain another school supply form for those who choose to pre-order supplies for next year.
- A bright yellow form was sent home in last week's folder regarding field day. Please return the form indicating whether your child will need a sack lunch that day. This will allow the cafeteria to plan accordingly.
- Next Friday will be our On-Campus Field Trip Day and Career Day! I will send another message next week to let you know what your child will need to bring.
Thank you and have a great week!
If you have any field day forms that you have not submitted, please do so as soon as possible. We need to know which students will be purchasing a sack lunch from the cafeteria. The cafeteria will need this information to prepare enough lunches.
An order form was sent home in Wednesday folders for next year's school supplies. Rosehill will not be ordering any extra supply boxes this year, so if you plan on purchasing the pre-made set from the school please be sure to send your order form back into me as soon as you can.
Thanks! Have a great weekend!
Hello parents! Below are a few things you should know about this week:
If you have any questions, please let me know! Have a wonderful week!
Hello, parents! I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend! Here are a few things to keep in mind for this week:
-We will be having a math test on Friday which will cover 2-dimensional shapes and 3-dimensional shapes. I am sending home a review today for your child to complete throughout the week.
- Also, this Friday will be our awards ceremony for the 3rd nine week period. If you would like to join us, it will be in the cafeteria at 9:20.
- In case you missed Friday's email, please see a blue sheet that was sent home explaining a home project your child will need to complete by next week. We will be doing research on a historical figure in class, but they will be responsible for creating a coke-bottle representation at home.
If you have any questions regarding any of these things, please feel free to email me. Have a great week!
Hello, parents! Inside your child's backpack you will find a blue sheet of paper outlining a project we will be working on for social studies. This project will involve your help at home. Your child will research a historical figure at school but will be responsible for creating a visual representation at home. Your child will need to use a soda bottle for the body and any other materials for the head. This project is due on Monday, April 9th, but I wanted provide enough time for gathering materials. I have created a list of possible people that your child has heard of and may choose for his/her project:
Martin Luther King Jr.
If your child is interested in a different person, please email me for approval. Again, detailed instructions can be found on the blue paper. You may also google 'Soda Bottle Project' and numerous images will come up. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Thank you for your support and have a wonderful Easter weekend!